ABOUT THE RUN - Going Virtual
For the first time in its history, the Blue Bell Fun Run is going virtual!
What does that mean?
A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill at the gym or on the track (or even at another race). You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
For the 2020 Blue Bell Fun Run, it means that you can complete the distance for which you register at any time during the week of April 12th through April 18th — Kids’ 1-mile, 5K, 10K, or Half-marathon.
After completing your run, do the following:
- Post an image of yourself on either the Blue Bell Fun Run Instagram or Facebook page with the following: #bluebellfunrun2020
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your image and your confirmation number from Race Roster or your name & address
- Be creative with those photos.
- Add other creative hashtags.
Receive from the Blue Bell Fun Run Team:
- A coupon for one free pint of the Blue Bell Ice Cream of your choice at your local store
- A 2020 Blue Bell Fun Run T-shirt
- A 2020 limited edition Blue Bell Fun Run participant medal
- Half-marathoners also receive a Blue Bell Fun Run half-marathon finisher shirt
Started in 1978, this race benefits the Brenham High School Athletic program through an organization called Run for the Youth of Washington County. Brenham High School athletes serve as volunteers for the race to benefit numerous winning athletic programs, including baseball, track, cross country, golf, volleyball, football, softball, tennis and more.
The course starts and finishes at Brenham High School on FM 2935 off of Loop 577 on the north side of town in scenic and historic Washington County. The Trestle Trail guides runners down paved, winding roads taking you through Brenham’s beautiful countryside — rolling hills covered in Bluebonnets.
It’s fun for kids and adults alike with individual and team events in both the 5K and 10K as well as the Kids’ 1-Mile Run. And for those that desire an even greater challenge, a HALF MARATHON route is part of our already INCOMPARABLE event schedule (limited spots available). Even the friends and family that are on hand to support the runners get the Blue Bell Ice Cream!
Check out our testimonials to see why other runners agree with the cows and think Brenham is Heaven.